Dr. Andrew Teasdale
Senior Principal Scientist Impurity management and External Advocacy, AstraZeneca, UK
(via video call)
- Leader of the IPEC EU ICH Q3D (Elemental Impurities) Implementation taskforce.
- Chair of AstraZeneca’s Impurity Advisory Board
- Inventor of the purge factor calculation concept used in the risk assessment of genotoxic impurities.
- Chair of the Extractables and leachables safety information exchange (ELSIE) materials group and Joint Pharmaceutical Analytical Group (JPAG).
- Leader of a number of industry expert groups for Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) and Product Quality Research Institute (PQRI)
- Led the team developing the addendum to ICH M7 (Genotoxic Impurities) which provide definitive limits for common mutagenic reagents.
- Editor of the first book specifically focused on the subject matter: Genotoxic Impurities: Strategies for Identification and Control.
- Author of ICH Quality Guidelines: An Implementation Guide