Dr. Lance Smallshaw
Regulatory Intelligence and External Advocacy for Quality, Analytical Pharmacopoeias, UCB Biopharma, Belgium
- Regulatory Intelligence and External Advocacy for Quality, Analytical Pharmacopoeias at UCB Biopharma in Belgium
- Prior to this he held a position within the UCB Corporate Analytical Sciences team leading and elaborating UCB policy and guidance for ICH M7 – Mutagenic Impurities and ICH Q3D – Elemental Impurities, responsible for its global implementation. In addition, he was also the co-author of a number of papers associated with ICH Q3D.
- Currently is the Co-Chair of the foundation board of the European Compliance Academy (ECA) and in 2020 will be taking up the Chairmanship. Dr. Lance also attends meetings for the same at the European Commission, EMA and EDQM.
- Member of a number of UK Government funded industry new technologies initiatives and guidance’s which included publications that provide a framework for the proteomics project that accompanied the Human Genome Project and co-authored papers regarding this in Nature – Biotechnology.
- Recognized trainer in Good Quality Control Laboratory Practice (EU GMP Guide, Chapter 6), lecturing on the subject and other EU GMP Guide regulations for more than 10 years for the European Qualified Persons Association (EQPA).